The Small Contractor Training Programme established by the Construction Management Foundation is aimed at empowering construction entrepreneurs with the knowledge and tools they need to manage various aspects of a construction business.
This is a 5 online day training programme equipped with all the content you might need to establish your entrepreneurial journey in the SA construction industry.
The Small Contractor Training Programme covers the following topics:
Part 1 – Establishing a Construction Company
- The fundamentals of a construction business
- The construction business environment
- Different types of legal business structures
- Taxes and South African Revenue Service
- Compliance with Statutory Requirements
- Growing a Construction Business
Part 2 – Managing and Operating a Construction Business
- Construction Resource Management
- The Basics of Financial Management
- Marketing & Business Development for Contractors
- Construction Tendering, Estimating & Pricing
- Public Construction Procurement System
- Construction Contracts – Introduction
- Preparing & Submitting a Construction Tender (Simulated Project)
Part 3 – Getting Started with Construction Projects
- Construction Contract Administration
- Construction Health and Safety
- Site Establishment & Administration
- Production Planning and Resourcing
- Construction Quality Management
- Construction Risk Management
- Standards & Project Specifications
The training programme costs R1350. The above fees include course material. Course material will only be made available to registered participants. Numbers are limited to 20 so early booking is essential.
The closing date for booking is 20 May 2021.
Please register for the programme here. You will be required to upload your proof of payment as part of the registration process. Click here to download the banking details. Please ensure your ID number is the reference.
For more information, please contact Mr Ronnie Siphika at Ronnie.Siphika@cmfoundation.org.za or via cellphone on +27 79 135 9884.