The Construction Management Foundation has established the Graduate Work Readiness Programme for students in the built environment in their final year of study. The purpose of the programme is to equip students with practical employability and digital skills during and post COVID19 in order to help them become assets to construction firms during these turbulent times. Participants will learn about, employability skills, career management skills, professional registration requirements, digital construction technologies tools and agile working techniques for remote working.
The basic outline of the programme
- The programme starts on 21 May 2020
- The programme takes 2 weeks with online classes during the week.
- The programme costs R250 per person.
What are the requirements
- Must have be studying or completed a built environment related qualification in the past 3 years.
- Must be actively searching for a job in the construction sector
- Must be willing to learn and attend all online classes.
What will be learned in the programme?
Module 1 – Employability Skills
- Communication Skills
- Working in Teams
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Leadership Skills
Module 2 – Career Management
- Career Options
- Career Field Research
- Job Targeting
- CV Building and Credentials
- Job Searching
Module 3 – Professional Registration
- Professional Councils in South Africa
- Candidacy Registration Requirements
- Professional Interview and Assessments
- Continuing Professional Development
- Professional Ethics
Module 4 – Digital Technologies in Construction
- Productivity Tools
- Visual Management Tools
- Introduction Building Information Modelling
- Augmented Reality in Construction
Module 5 – Agile and Remote Working
- Introduction to Agile Techniques
- Introduction to Lean Construction
- Remote Working Techniques for Construction Professionals
How to apply for the programme
For more inormation, contact Ronnie Siphika on Ronnie.Siphika@cmfoundation.org.za or 079 135 9884